Pages

Oct 22, 2018

8 Months (Weeks 32 - 35)


Compare/Contrast: Well the discomfort is still in full swing this month. Minion is still wiggling like crazy, still feels different than with Cara haha. It's funny because with Cara I could tell when she grew based on her movement patterns, but this baby, I can tell it's every Thursday that she grows. I just get more uncomfortable and my belly feels tighter. Luckily I haven't had any more contraction-like pain, but have all the other pains: back pain, acid reflux/heartburn (both of those I get every single day now), leg cramps, and belly tightness pains after too long.

Having the slight nausea return has been a battle. I also have to eat right as I get up or I get really lightheaded. Sunday mornings I make a bigger breakfast so I got to the point where I almost have to not sleep in so I can hurry and make the breakfast before the dizziness kicks in. I also am having even more of a hard time getting around. Poor Larry - I plan so many things for the weekend (the holidays are starting and I don't want to miss out on fun stuff), but I get an hour into the first activity and I'm done for the day and he gets stuck chasing Cara around while I have to sit. I think he's more ready for me to not be pregnant that I am haha. It's so hard when just standing starts to get me winded (no joke!).

The hormones this time feel crazier. I feel way more annoyed and irritable this time around. I feel like with Cara I was floating on cloud 9 most of the time, this time I'm ready to be done and get back into the swing of things. I am enjoying the movements (and people holding doors open for me and whatnot), don't get me wrong, but I'll be surprised if I have any friends left over after this one haha.

One incredible difference is how much better and more prepared I feel for the postpartum phase, which I know I've mentioned, but I'm really feeling pumped about it. I made my official goals list (here) to keep in mind. Also, I know that I couldn't have known what to expect with Cara and I know this one could be very different, considering it's two different babies and I have one toddler running around this time, and it's a different season I'll be in, but I'm feeling so ready to tackle the PP monster this time :) I think it's just great that I am usually happiest around Christmas time so I feel like that happiness is going to consume any anxieties I might have.

Also, my cravings have been a bit different this time. I've been craving BLTs like mad lately. I'm usually not a big bacon fan, in fact I'd prefer not to have it at all usually, but not this time. I could eat anything with bacon in it, but I always want a sandwich so it's either BLTs or Tuna. I remember at this point with Cara it was mostly ice cream and root beer (but not necessarily root beer floats). And while ice cream sounds good and I'm always up for a root beer, I'd still rather have the BLTs haha.

Best Moments This MonthI got my T-Dap shot at the 32 week appointment. It hurt for a couple days after, but I'm glad it's done and over with. I get to look forward to the Group Strep B test at my 36 week appointment...that's not one you really enjoy, but it's for a good reason so whatever.

I got my new pump ordered and delivered! This one I'm excited for because I went for a better quality one so I'm hoping that helps me if I have to exclusively pump again (but I do still hope this one will nurse better than Cara did). Along with that, I ordered our 3 month tracking journal (which was REALLY helpful with Cara) and some breast milk storage bags.

We got all of Cara's newborn and 0-3 clothes out that we can re-use. Luckily she was gifted a ton of pants that she never wore so those are basically brand new for Minion. Although we have bought so many other outfits that she's got a good wardrobe started up already. Also packed away that I'll be planning on using again are my belly wraps to help my abs get back into shape. I think I'm going to bring those to the hospital so I can try and get them on as soon as possible.

I've gotten a lot of cleaning (well...purging) done so far. I still need to do an all over cleaning, but that'll be closer to the due date. I've picked about 3 rooms a week that I go through and just clear out the junk we don't need. I'd love to buy new organizers, but I'm working on saving money right now (on top of everything else), but I'm sure making a nice list of things to save for ;)

I've got the hospital bag list mostly made up, but I do need to print it and get that ready, but I'll probably wait for November to do that.

We additionally have signed up for all our new memberships so I can take Cara to some fun places while on maternity leave and once this little minion is a bit older I can bring her to these places (once I'm not as afraid of her getting sick from being around so many people...or learn to juggle being alone with 2 kids, whichever happens first haha). 

One of my proudest moments that might be pregnancy related, but I hope not, is I feel I really re-wired my brain with my sweets cravings. I might have to do a post all on it's own about this HUGE accomplishment, but I don't have my cravings like I used to. Again, there is a likelihood that this is pregnancy related and once I give birth and my hormones change they could all come flooding back, but I sincerely hope not.

What I'm Looking Forward To: I was supposed to get an ultrasound at my 32 week appointment, but that didn't happen. Then when I brought it up they said it would be the next appointment - 34 weeks since I'm finally down to every other week (YAY!) - but that didn't happen. They told me I'm supposed to make that appointment separate. But I did make sure to make it for my next appointment, but that's not till Halloween. So I'm really looking forward to that now, we'll get to see if she is breech like Cara too or not.

Side story: at 32 weeks they said she was, but they barely felt around so I wasn't sure if I should trust it. Then at 34 weeks a different midwife said she wasn't breech and she really did feel around, but again, you can't trust just feeling. They felt around a lot with Cara, but until they checked an ultrasound they really weren't too sure. I want an official confirmation if she is or not.

Seeing this girlie already! I'm trying to be patient, but some days are so hard! I watch Cara and try and get a picture of what this new baby will look and be like, but I can tell they are already so different that I can't get a good enough picture in my head. I'm so excited to see them interact and if they'll get along.

And finally, I'm looking forward to getting the Group Strep B swab done with haha.

No comments: