Pages

Oct 28, 2018

Cara Loves Bugs!

How many kids out there don't actually like bugs? I bet that number is way smaller than the ones who do like bugs. So I'm not sure why it took me so long to think of showing Cara bugs.

It's hard to see, but there is a potato bug here
 We're still working on getting our back yard all finished. We obviously can't do too much since it's getting colder and the ground is getting more solid, but we do what we can when it's not too cold. Anyways, Larry was getting rid of the grass he dug up and found a lady bug. He was bringing it over to show Cara, but it flew away. Then he found a potato bug and brought that over. She of course LOVED watching it crawl on his hand. Against me pointing out it would be a bad idea, he then let her hold the bug. Surprisingly, she didn't squish it like I assumed - no what she did was much worse. She actually put the bug into her mouth!!! Luckily we were able to get it out and the bug didn't die...though I'm sure it was very scarred. But as I like to think, it'll probably have some cool stories when it goes back to it's friends haha.



After that experience we now watch her closely with bugs, but she definitely loves to watch them crawl (either on her, on us, or on the ground, she's not picky). And now we found a fun new thing to introducer her to...slowly and safely of course :)

No comments: