Pages

Oct 31, 2018

Halloween 2018

Halloween is such a fun time of year! Unfortunately, I was just not very into it (again) this year. I really wanted to decorate, but I just had no energy to actually pull out our decorations. I also really didn't want to put them up just to take them out when I'm so close to the end of my pregnancy. I originally wanted to get costumes for us (we were going to be Monsters Inc. characters since Cara loves saying Kitty), but decided since we aren't taking Cara out trick-or-treating or anything why spend the money on the costumes? So no costumes, no decorations, but I DID hold strong on having pumpkins and carving them (which we waited until the weekend before to do). I chose a Monster's Inc monster face (Mike) and Larry chose Jack Skellington and they turned out fantastic!






I also made sure we went to ONE family farm that had pumpkins and everything and we recycled old costumes so that Cara could be a kitty (kind of) this year with some fun makeup and cute little ear barrettes in. We also got big candy bars for the trick-or-treaters so we knew they'd have fun with that at the very least.

For the actual day, I got home around 6:30 (which is almost an hour later than normal...stupid traffic!) and Larry seemed to be in a bit of a chaotic "everything is going on right now" sort of mood. We had decided pizza for dinner would be best so that we could camp out by the front door instead of cooking and make it easier to hand out candy (the last two years has taught us we definitely don't get a lot of time between kids coming). Larry had the pizza, but hadn't fed Cara or himself yet, he said the kids started coming around 5:45 which was earlier than he was expecting, Cara also wasn't in her costume (and badly needed a diaper change), and the candy was spread sporadically on the table by the front door haha.

So I hurried and got Cara changed and into her costume, attempted to do kitty makeup (not as easy with her hands flailing around), put my costume on, and then we tried to take our usual family pic. I was only able to get one semi-decent one, but it was more close up than I wanted. I wanted to include my belly to have the whole "family" in the picture, but Cara kept trying to take Larry's sunglasses off and just wouldn't sit still (plus I was starving haha). Luckily I did have my midwife appointment with the ultrasound today so I did get a pic of her to include in my post, just not like I was hoping for.

Yeah...this is the best picture I got of us. I wanted on with my belly to include
Our little Minion, but...

This picture will have to do for now

We ended up having a ton of kids come over that all LOVED that they got big candy bars (with an air head with it so they were excited to get TWO big candy bars haha). We ended up running out of our king size candy around 8 and even though we had some bags of M&Ms left, we decided to call it quits. It was time to get Cara ready for bed and all so we figured we were good at that point.

Overall it was a pretty good Halloween. I wish I had the energy or motivation to be better with it. Hopefully next year (although I swear I've said that before and very recently). I want to have the fun house that has fun decorations all over, but I think that's going to have to wait a couple years when I have a budget for something like that.

Anyways, Happy Halloween! So glad next year we'll have a new little one to celebrate with (and we'll probably let Cara go out to get candy next year too...EESH!)

No comments: