Pages

Oct 17, 2012

8 years and going strong!

So Larry and I just celebrated 8 wonderful years together on Monday! I love Larry, more than anything else, but sometimes it's REALLY hard to figure out what to get him or do for him that he would like and would show him how much I love him and appreciate him after all this time. I kind of did our celebration on Sunday. To know why I got him was a decent gift, you have to know now that we live on our own and furthur from everyone else; it's really just us...no one else. No one comes to visit us, we just do things all on our own. There have been so many times where Larry says "Go get a game for us to play!" and when I go I realize all our games are 4+ players. When we get food we get so much food I forget we only need to get stuff for two of us. It's been an adjustment, not a hard one, but one indeed. So anyways, for our anniversary I went out and got a whole bunch of two player games, so that we could play together and have fun with just us and not need to feel like we need visitors just to have fun. I was really excited about it actually, we've played them all a few times and I've had so much fun spending more time with Larry and laughing our butts off. One of my new favorites is called Headbandz, it's one where you have a card that attaches to a headband so the other player can see it and then you ask yes/no questions to figure out what's written on the card.

So back to Sunday: Larry had drill so I made sure our house was SUPER cleaned for him to come home to and set the games up so he could see them and know I got them as a gift for us so we can spend more time together. I told him I knew it was kind of cheesy and it was more for us than him, so I told him if he got me anything he can save it for christmas or my birthday, but I guess I was too late because...





















I got a nice little surprise once I got to work. I absolutely love getting flowers from him, he's so good at picking pretty ones out. We also ended up going out to dinner at Olive Garden, which I haven't been to in forever, it was YUMMY! and then I challenged him to an ultimate Headbandz showdown :) I feel it was one of our funnest anniversaries we've had, but I also think we're getting to the stage where maybe we should start traveling for our anniversary and going out to new places to try together. I'm hoping he'll be on board with it...I love traveling and he and I travel so well together!

Well here's to 8 years so far....and MANY MANY more to come...by this time next year we'll be an old married couple I'm sure. I can't wait to call him my husband!

No comments: