Pages

Oct 27, 2012

All Ready For Halloween!

So today we got to go visit a pumpkin patch with Skyler and Jena (and of course Cailyn came along, but she was asleep the whole time). I've never been to one of them before, not sure Larry has either, so it was pretty cool to go and pick out our own pumpkin out of the SO many they had there, I was nervous waiting till the weekend before Halloween would be cutting it close, but I think we found a pretty good pumpkin and for only $5 it wasn't a terrible deal either! I also decided this year to bake the pumpkin seeds to see how they would taste and I think they came out really really good, especially for my first time!

Our Pumpkin pictures:


So I decided we need to get back into celebrating Halloween for the following reasons: Now that I've celebrated it and then went back to not celebrating it I see that it really helps me get through the day better when I have fun with it; We are in our own place with new kids to have for Trick-Or-Treating; and I now don't have a job where I'm working really late so I can actually get home at a decent time, watch scary movies in our (super nice) living room and just wait for the kids to come by for candy (which, by the way, I've bought A TON of!). Since we are celebrating it after the pumpkin patch we decided to go to the Halloween Store and get our costumes and some cool decorations so now our house is ready for Trick-or-Treaters! Yippee!

So it's not A TON of decorations, but it was last minute and with our pumpkin I thought it was a good start. That lady creeped me out but I thought she'd be cool to have around. Larry wants to put her up on the door, but now that we have the "Trick or Treat" sign I think she'll be good on the balcony for people out that way to see. I'm pretty excited. I'll have to put up pictures once we're all dressed up in our costumes too. But for now I'm REALLY excited for Halloween-I already split up our candy into two bowls: 1 for us and 1 for kids :)

Now just gotta wait till Wednesday for the actual holiday. It's already started snowing so it's starting to REALLY feel like the holiday season...I love this time of year :)

No comments: