Pages

Oct 14, 2012

Big check off the list

So we went wedding dress shopping yesterday and....

I BOUGHT MY WEDDING DRESS!

I'm so excited about it...well actually I put it on and really liked it, then went out and showed the girls who came with and they all just gasped and said "that's it!" so I went in front of the mirror and said "that's it!" I loved it. Then we left and I had my overthinking-it brain on apparently. I went home and literally went on (poor Larry) for like 6 hours, seriously, about how I loved it, then I was like wait, did I? No I did, I loved it. I had to look at the picture over and over and over. I was looking for ANY reason ever to get my mind off of it. I didn't want to second guess my dress, I wanted to just be happy I was done shopping. Luckily when I woke up this morning I looked at the picture (thinking it's a new day, I'll know for sure now that I've slept and stopped thinking so much) and now I know for sure, I LOVE the dress. I really can't wait till it gets in and I can see how it's going to look and know it's MY dress.

I have to wait till February till it gets in so I have time to look for shoes and jewelry to make it look better and hopefully find a way to not think about it over and over till then. I took the picture off my phone so I can't just keep obsessing over it. I think it just feels weird to know I'm actually getting married, I still don't think it's hit me yet, which makes me wonder if it will ever hit me, but I'm sure once we get into May I'll realize it's coming up.

Other than that we are right on track for our wedding, almost a little ahead of things. Once we actually meet with our wedding coordinator at Millennial Falls we'll know what else we need to do that isn't included in our wedding package. I do know we need to figure out tux or suit for Larry and the rest of the guys involved. It'd be nice if he had an opinion on it so I knew which to go with and if we wanted to buy or just rent his. Why is this part so hard for me? Good thing we have some time to decide.

On an extremely sad note, we found out our photographer (who is SUCH a nice lady and I was so happy to find someone who I not only got along with, but who took GREAT pictures of us and who had an amazing deal on wedding photography) has stage 4 liver cancer and will not be able to do my bridals or our wedding. If you read this and you pray, please pray for her. Larry and I don't pray, but we know she doesn't deserve this and I just hope some sort of miracle comes out of this for her.

So that's where we stand on everything right now...in case you were interested. Next on the list is my Lasik appointments (yes this is wedding related because I want/need it done before the wedding so I can see everything clearly!). If things work out for that I'll be able to get it done at the end of November...EEESH!!

No comments: