Pages

Oct 31, 2016

Halloween 2016

So Halloween was both uneventful but also amazing this year! I'll say it was uneventful because I just couldn't get the motivation to put up any decorations. It's kind of sad because when we got this house I told Larry I couldn't wait to be "that" house with it when it came to holidays and decorating. I wanted to be like Mom and Will who have people asking if they can take pictures of their home because of how amazing it is!

Unfortunately I'd feel good enough during the week (for a brief moment) and tell Larry we'd go out that weekend to get decorations, but once the weekend actually hit I just wanted to die and lay down forever. I just couldn't get into the car and feel good and puking just plain sucks so I tend to avoid it if at all possible. Now that's not to say we didn't decorate at all. I did want to do pumpkins with Andy and Rachel so last weekend we got some, but we never got around to the carving part so they went onto the stairs and are now our Halloween/Thanksgiving decorations.



As far as costumes, I considered getting another onesie animal one for me (and Larry, if he wanted one too) since it was so comfy last year, but I realized too late that I didn't have time to order one. Luckily I found a cheap easy one I could do with the items in my closet and figured that would be good enough. Enter Damian from Mean Girls:



Luckily my costume was received VERY well at work! Everyone thought it was funny enough to enter into the contest my work has (for funniest costume, obviously haha), but I didn't feel I put in enough effort for that so I decided against it. Everyone dressed up on my team so it was great to get into the spirit that way! Plus I had an ultrasound this morning that made it sound like the hemorrhage was all cleared up and I shouldn't have to worry about it (it's a Halloween miracle! One I'd like to think my Papa might have had a hand in). So that was all great news and I got to eat lots of candy so yay!

Proof that we did actually get decorations

I got home in time to see kids starting with Trick-or-Treating already so I hurried and got inside, got the candy ready, and we waited. It didn't take long before we got our first and then they just kept coming. I had plans to watch a movie while handing out candy, but they came so often Larry and I just sat next to the front door waiting for the next ones. Unfortunately 6 PM is my cutoff so at that point I had to sit on the stairs and let Larry hand out the rest of the candy, but I've decided Halloween is the only time that I love all other kids! They are so cute and sweet and just want all the candy and I can relate to that haha. I'm just bummed I didn't get a picture of Larry and I in our costumes (for the first year I missed this...boo!). Larry just dressed in his convict old jumpsuit from this Halloween (it said DOC on the front so kids kept thinking he was Doc from Back to the Future...they need a refresher on that movie apparently!) so we didn't really coordinate or anything, it's okay though, we still looked decent (I would say good, but I'm pretty sure I still look like death haha)

We called it good around 7:45, we were almost out of candy and I really wanted to watch The Walking Dead before it got too late and I had to go to bed (or rather wanted to go to sleep before the sickness hit too strongly). We watched our episode and now I'm doing this.

But now my body is telling me it's time for bed so I hope everyone had a great Halloween and those close to him thought of Papa on his favorite holiday. Love you and miss you still sweet Papa!

No comments: