Pages

Jan 10, 2017

Welcome Otto!

So, yeah, it may sound a little crazy, but we added another fur baby to our family :)


 
Let me tell you it wasn't our plan to add a kitty anytime soon. It kind of started back when we got our newest cat condo/scratching post. Larry made a joke about wanting another kitty to see him jump all over it. I used to tell Larry that IF we ever got another one I'd want to get a Siamese or Persian kitty. We agreed if we got one soon it would be a boy, need to be young, and if I could get one with blue eyes I'd love it.

Larry mentioned he was going to build me a computer as a secondary Christmas gift (we kind of decided to do a Christmas After Christmas thing between the two of us), but he said if I wanted a kitty I could choose that instead. Well I was really torn, but told him let's go to The Humane Society (because if I could rescue one rather than getting a free cat on KSL that would be so much better) and if we could find a male kitten that felt right I'd be okay with that, but if they didn't have that then I choose the computer. We went to the shelter, but they only had two female kittens available (both were cute and Larry almost talked me into getting them both, but we can't really have FIVE cats), so we left feeling that the computer was the better decision for our home.

Well today I randomly looked at KSL (I haven't been on that site for cats in so long because looking at the cats makes me sad so I avoid it as much as I can) and saw an hour before a male, Siamese, 3 month old kitten was for sale for cheaper than Siamese kittens usually go for. I sent Larry a text message telling him that he was the perfect kitty. I was only half serious about the kitty, but then people at work started talking about who was going to get him, and I realized I had to have him. I couldn't let anyone else take him home.

I text Larry to convince him to let me get him, text the lady to make the arrangements, and then once I left work (or rather, Larry picked me up so we could meet them together) I was ready to head up to get him. The trade off was actually quite quick and painless; he's such a fun little boy. He fell asleep on my lap on the road home after walking around the car for a while and it was so sweet. I haven't had a kitten get so comfortable so soon, we also talked about names. My vote was for Tucker, but Larry thought we should do one that has a different sound, so we settled on Otto. After Larry dropped me back off at work to get my car and we showed up at home together I saw that Otto had fallen asleep on Larry's lap the whole way home, so sweet!

We brought him home and the other cats weren't thrilled at first, which is pretty standard. They hissed, but were so curious about him they wanted to follow him around to see what he'd do. We got him some food and water and showed him the litter box and he took to it all really quickly. He also wanted to play with the other cats right away. We found his new game with them was to jump over to them until they hissed at him and then he'd back off, then he'd find another spot to jump at them from. It was so hilarious to watch! I've never had a kitten get so playful so quickly. He's going to be so fun to have around. It's literally the perfect fit!

Anyways, blogging world, say hello to Otto! We are very happy to have him in our home. Stay tuned for our adventures with him :)

No comments: