Pages

Apr 15, 2017

Last Date Night

So realizing that our "15th of the month" date nights might be coming to an end (not for forever, but definitely for a while, at least without BB coming along to them) we decided to make our last date night a good one. Well it was Larry's choice so I kind of nudged him about making it a good one, and boy did he deliver!

Let me just say the whole day today has been a great one! We had to run some errands in the morning:
  • Smith's to pick up a prescription and ask them about "ordering" a breast pump (turns out they don't do it, but I CAN fill that at the hospital pharmacy so we'll just do it that way - makes it easier for Larry to pick up since we can't get it until after she's born)
  • Buy Buy Baby to get our adorable glider and ottoman
  • Home to build the glider and put it in the nursery (and clear out trunk space in Larry's car)
  • Home Depot to get a replacement pipe since the fencers busted a sprinkler pipe when they put the posts in. We also had to get some more salt for our water softener and a rake since we're getting crazy winds lately and it blew all our wood chips into our lawn.
  • Costco to load up on some non-food goods and where a worker there was going crazy over how young Larry and I looked. Let me tell ya, when you haven't put on makeup, you're overdue for a shower, and you feel super swollen hearing that you look young from someone sure makes you feel like a million bucks! I used to hate hearing that, but now it's great!
After all that we went back home to unload everything and relax for a bit before going out. We put on a movie (Alien...so fitting since I keep saying when BB wiggles a lot it reminds me of the alien that shoots out of the guy's torso in that movie) and half napped/half just sat there like zombies haha. Finally we were both pretty hungry so Larry looked up restaurants nearby and decided on Bona Vita (one I've been DYING to try for years now!). Luckily it had a casual attire rating on Yelp so I didn't feel pressure to change (not that I have any "nice" clothes that fit me anymore haha. But I did put on some makeup so I looked mostly presentable).

When we got there the lady who sat us made an "oh my, look how cute you are!" comment and I realized she's definitely learned how to talk to pregnant people. I can't tell you how much I've gotten sick of the "wow! You're so huge!" comment...I get it people, I'm growing something entirely too big for my frame apparently! This lady started our night out on such a good note.




Dinner was so yummy and Larry ordered this Italian Soda that was SO delicious I almost wanted to trade my root beer for his drink haha. I ended up with tons of leftovers (which works for lunches part of this next week) and then we went out to get some frozen yogurt...something I've been dying to get for a few months now.

We ended the night watching our Netflix movie (Now You See Me 2...it's all right) and eating our froyo, I made mine PERFECTLY! It had the perfect combination of all the ingredients and I didn't overdo it with the toppings!




Overall, I don't think I could've asked for a better "last date night for a while" night, even the day really rocked! I still have to work more on BB's room and hopefully get a craft project in before she comes, but for the most part we're really getting things done these days.

No comments: