Pages

Apr 1, 2017

BB Shower

Today could NOT have been a more perfect day! I'm SO happy with how the shower turned out, but let me go back a tiny bit.

My mom flew in on Thursday (after a MUCH delayed flight and awful travel conditions, but she made it in one piece is the important part). It was nice because we actually got to pick her up, this was the first time she was seeing the bump in person and I was so excited. I was on a mission for her to feel BB wiggles since it's really the only part she misses out on being far away. Unfortunately, she got in so late we only had time to catch up in the car. Once we got home she was exhausted (and it was pretty much past her bed time) that she passed out, not that I could blame her, air travel can really take it out of you. Plus we had a busy day ahead of us for Friday, so she went to bed while Larry and I watched a show to wind ourselves down before bed.

After spending Friday running errands and picking up last minute things (as well as scoring a decent deal on some magazine subscriptions while getting maternity shirts) I was officially ready to get the shower started this morning! I woke up nice and early so that I could shower and have time to make my hair look decent for everyone, plus I had gotten a shirt specifically for the shower that I was excited to wear.

We got all decorations hung, Larry was a gem and went out to get balloons and a couple things we had to wait till today to get, and my brother, his girlfriend, my mom, and I all built the high chair my mom got us (cutest chair that converts to a booster and toddler chair) so we could put her gifts on that to show off a little bit. We got decorations hung and fruit cut up and food set out to get everything ready. I'm so happy we my mom had the help she did because there was a lot to get done and I was getting tired really quickly.







People started showing up around 1:45 and we had a full house before I knew anything else. It was so great to see everyone who wanted to be there and were all excited for BB and us. Larry and Andy had plans to go shooting during the shower, but ended up leaving so early that they got it all done and were back as everything was getting started. Larry (the cutest hubby and soon-to-be daddy ever) ended up playing with all the kids on the floof in the front room. I wish I had gotten pictures of that because it was so sweet!

We let everyone get some food and eat for a bit and then started playing the games. Marie did so well getting those printed off and making them entertaining for everyone. We played "Newborn Know How" (which is like newborn trivia) and Baby Bingo (which we ended up playing like 4 games of to get prizes out). We also had everyone put on clothes pins and they couldn't say "Baby" or they lost their pin, the one with the most at the end got a prize and a diaper raffle - if they brought diapers to the shower they got entered into the raffle and I picked a name for a prize for that one. My mom picked out some amazing gifts and even got one for a kid so when they won they'd have a fun thing to have (things like those mini fridge notepads, a frame, a candle, and a jelly bean candy machine thing).


There was A LOT more food than this
But this is all I could find for now
After games we got to the gifts, I was most nervous about this because I had a feeling I'd go all red having everyone stare at me, but my mom was brilliant and told Larry he should be up there with me so it was both of us getting the attention (she even had him change into his "Man Behind the Bump" shirt for pictures haha). He did well collecting the garbage while I opened gifts and even let me borrow his lap when I couldn't fit the gift on mine haha. We got SO many gifts and awesome stuff. I don't think we really got any duplicate items (except for a couple things mom bought us that Cindy had already given us). It's hard to pick favorites, but we got some great teethers, lots of clothes (including ruffle butt pants that I'm so obsessed with), some good bath items, lots of diapers, socks (some even with adorable hair bands and bows!), great homemade blankets, and lots of books!





Luckily by the time we were done opening gifts it was the end of the shower so we did the clothes pin and diaper raffle prizes real quick and then said good bye to everyone. I felt like the shower went off without any hitches and everything went so well! I loved everything we got, I loved seeing everyone there and how many people seemed so excited for Larry and me and I couldn't be more excited about all that. Now we have to go through all that we got to find out what we still need to get. I know we need to get our big items (like the car seat, stroller, owelet, etc.) and then some smaller items (the only ones I can think of off the top of my head are the Velcro swaddle blankets), but I'll make a list this week for the weekend shopping we've got ahead of us.





Now that the shower is over things are feeling like we're really on the countdown, we are almost to the month mark now! Mom keeps mentioning how she'll be back in a couple months and to think when we see her next we'll have a little baby in our arms is SO exciting! I'm getting to antsy to see what little BB looks like and to just soak up all the moments with her that I can!

No comments: