Pages

Jun 13, 2015

New York Vacation Day 11 - Coney Island

Well today is our last full day in New York, which means we should have big plans right? Well we're going out with a bang and doing Coney Island! I thought it would be good to do a roller coaster park right before we spend two more days at a roller coaster park haha.

One thing that has surprised me on this trip is how much New Yorkers are okay with making out in public...It's so gross and so should be more private when you're in such a crowded city. We had a long subway route today so we saw quite a bit of it and it's just so weird. Nothing about the dirty, humid, hot subway screams make out session to me, but whatever I guess.

Coney Island is a really cool area, but one thing we learned is to go on a weekday during summer. I wanted to buy an unlimited wristband (which helps you get a locker), but apparently they don't do those during weekends, you have to buy a card with points on them and then each ride is so many points. The sales lady suggested doing a 75 point card for $60 so we did that. It was easy to use up. We did one called Power Surge (super fun!) and then decided doing the Sling Shot was a must! Lucky for us we got to ride it twice :) I had decided I needed video proof that we rode this to show some fellow roller coaster junkie family members (I'm sure you know who you are). Well after we got off I went to go buy the video and apparently their system didn't shut it off between riders and it was too big of a file to put on their tiny USB's. They asked us if we'd be willing to go on it again to get a new video since we had already purchased it. There was absolutely no hesitation in that decision haha. Unfortunately I hit my head a bunch the second time so it kind of knocked  me around a bit. I can handle roller coaster and fun things like this, but if my head gets hit too hard and I get a headache I'm usually done. Since this was only the second ride I told myself I had to push through. We ended up doing this other ride called the Luna 360 where you sit in a circle, which spins around, and then you swing back and forth (hard to explain, but hopefully you know the one I'm talking about). That one was really fun, but unfortunately I had to tap out at that point. I got so sick! I am really hoping this isn't a bad sign for Six Flags tomorrow and Monday. It was such a bummer to call it quits after only 4 rides. We thought if we ate it might help so we went and got some White Castle, but I could only eat two burgers and some fries before realizing my stomach was not going to forgive me anytime soon.




 


See? Packed beach
We were going to relax at the beach afterwards, but it was so crazy busy and the day felt like the hottest one yet. I was worried too much about burning again so after walking around the boardwalk a bit and people watching some more we called it quits (it sounds like a quick day, but it was practically 1 at this point). So we got back onto the subway to take us back, unfortunately someone spilled coffee all down our train so we had to watch where we stepped. Luckily I got a nice nap on the way back (Larry was awesome to lend me his shoulder). I'm not sure why, but I was just completely wiped out today.



We got back to the room and relaxed a bit until dinner time. We decided to go to the Times Square Diner (which was not very good at all). Once we got home we took our last shower in New York, and got all our stuff packed up ready to check out early tomorrow.
Awesome hotel treat on our last night

Crazy roof to Times Square Diner
I will say even though it sounds not as much fun it was a really good end day. I can't wait to head to New Jersey in the morning (although I've heard that's even dirtier than here so we'll see how it is). We get to see the kitties in a few days now so I've got that on my horizon :)

No comments: