Pages

Jun 15, 2015

New York Vacation Day 13 - Six Flags and an Anniversary

Well today couldn't have been a better day, especially for our anniversary! Like I said, last night the weather said we were supposed to get storms starting around 1 and then going for the rest of the day. The park opened at 10:30 so I was partly thinking we should just skip it and take a lounge day since that didn't leave us much time to do rides. Boy am I glad we didn't do that!

 
Once we got into the park we immediately went to the Flash Pass area (this was the first time we've gotten this, but what better day to use it than the day it may rain?). We were told repeatedly that they were expecting rain later in the day, the lines should be short since it was a Monday, if we decided to take the pass and don't use it we don't get our money back, and are we sure we didn't want to go look at the lines before deciding? It was annoying to hear over and over, but I knew no matter what I wanted to have it just in case it rained in the middle of the day and we wanted to finish up rides after that passed. So we finally got through the questioning, got our pass, and hurried to our first ride.

I told Larry I definitely wanted to ride the Kingda Ka again and to aim to go for the front of the line, but my main concern was getting to all the other big rides first so we didn't miss out on anything. Like the planner that I am we decided to start at one end of the park and make our way over to the other side doing just the big rides. There were also a couple of dark/indoor rides that we figured we'd save for last since those usually give me a headache (if I can't see the track I can't prepare myself for the way it will turn). We got so lucky because while the clouds looked iffy all morning, we did get all the big rides in before noon. We also got to ride Kingda Ka again, but we didn't get front row. There was a really long line for the front and we still had quite a few more big rides so we did the third row instead, but it was still so worth it!



Never happened to us, but
I was partly hoping it would've

Us after riding the Kingda Ka
The first time
We decided around 1 that we would get some lunch and then see if we felt like doing any other rides again (it still hadn't rained or even start to look like it was going to rain so we wanted to push our luck as long as we could). Luckily we found a place with air conditioning for lunch, but I'll tell you now that if I never have a gross cheap burger again I'll be happy. We've had so many on this trip I stopped counting my calories haha. After lunch we felt pretty fried and tired and Larry had quite a bit of school work to catch up on so we decided we'd get the indoor rides in and then head back to the hotel. Thankfully the rides weren't too dark so I never ended up getting a headache or sick, in fact I really liked them. It was nice because we had only been at the park for about 3 or 4 hours and we had gotten everything we wanted to do in. We did end up using our Flash Pass for a few rides, but we could've done without with how small all the lines where, it was mostly just to test it out.
 
When we got back to the room I decided to take a quick shower to wash all the sweat and sunscreen off and help get things packed back up quicker. While I was packing I happened to find this paper underneath a bed with a cute love poem:
 

At first I thought Larry had printed it off and didn't mean for me to find it (that has happened to us before), but when I read it more I realized someone must have left it behind on accident. But how fitting is it that I found it today? On our Anniversary of all days and in all hotel rooms?

I was telling Larry at one point today that this vacation really could not have gone better. It was supposed to rain the entire time we were here and we only got rain maybe one night in New York and then last night and tonight (it was raining crazily after dinner last night and then when we went to get dinner tonight). We only had a day to fit in Niagara Falls and Six Flags and yet we were able to fit everything we wanted in those days. We had a while in New York, but we never got robbed or hurt or lost anything (some of those were fears of Larry's). While it has been a long trip and I'm so very excited to see our kitties and home tomorrow, I'm also sad to think it's all over with now. Unfortunately we have a really long layover in Minnesota, but it's the cool airport so it should be fun :)

No comments: