Pages

Nov 23, 2012

November Happenings...

So...I completely gave up on the gratitude journal. It just wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be-I honestly felt I was a broken record and just repeating everything I've mentioned already (guess I already know what it means to be grateful...huh huh?). Plus a few of them were very similar and some I just couldn't find anything on. To those that do it all the way: Kudos to you! I just couldn't without feeling dumb. But a lot of stuff did happen while I was "busy" with that. I was planning on doing a catch up once I was done, but it was taking too long and I'm really excited about everything that's passed (I'll try and make this as quick/short as possible):

  • First Up: I got an early birthday present from Larry:
My very own Ruger 9mm
It is the best gift I've gotten in a long time. I don't care if people out there don't like guns-I do and I'm REALLY excited to have my own to practice on and protect my family with! Once Larry gets his we have plans to go to a shooting range really close to our house and start really practicing with them! Until then I'm glad to know it's safe and close by and I could use it if needed!
  • Second, my brother, Shawn, just got engaged to his girlfriend. We got to meet her yesterday for Thanksgiving and she's really nice and I'm really happy for them...Even if they did manage to squeeze in their wedding two weeks before mine (yeah, that's right TWO WEEKS!). I am actually excited for them. We got to talk wedding plans and I got to give them the advice I've learned so far with ours. I think as long as she doesn't run from our family then they'll surely make it :)

  • We did celebrate Thanksgiving in a new way this year. First we went to mom's in her new, lovely house where we stuffed ourselves with food and dessert and good family time (I'd like to mention Larry and I were FINALLY at the table with everyone else!). And then we went to Skyler and Jena's (instead of Clearfield) to hang out with them and play some good ol' Scattegories (a favorite game of ours!). It was a way fun day and it felt like everything went perfectly! Bonus: It should be my last holiday with glasses. One week from today and I should be completely glasses free! EESH!

  • Today was my first Black Friday off. Since I stayed home I got a TON of online shopping done (hint: I only have about 2 more people and the kitties to shop for, not including neighbors or work gifts!). However, since Larry had to work it also meant I had to put up our Christmas all by myself. It was kind of nice because I could surprise him with it once he got home, but finding all new spots for things did present to be a challenge. I think I did well enough though (By the way we had a ton more than what's in this "collage" but I couldn't fit too many in it):
I'm distracted in that first one because I was watching The Holiday
AKA Best holiday movie ever!

  • As far as wedding update goes: We have booked a videographer, got dates set for bridals, and...that about sums it up. There's really nothing more we'll be doing until next year (aside from creating the registry account at AFCU) so I probably won't have too much updates on that. But we did reach the 7 month mark so we've only got like 6 3/4 months left :) which seems crazy because as of January 15th it'll only be like 5 more months to get EVERYTHING done.
I think that's about all the updating I have for the blog. It seemed like a lot more when I started this haha. I guess when the time is going by so fast (mixed with the holidays) it seems like a lot more is going on. Anyways, I hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend so far :) I know I'm already excited to listen to Christmas music (even though I started that WAY early this year) and watch the movies! 33 Days left!

No comments: