Pages

Mar 20, 2011

*~*Day 17*~*

My and my family...

This is probably one of the only pictures of all of us and it was all the way back in Christmas of '08, that's how often we all are in the same spot actually. It goes (clockwise from top left) my brother Andy, step dad Will, stepbrother Shawn, mom, Larry, and my step brother Colby. I love all my family, we're so crazy together. We tease each other a ton, but that's just how we do it. We have affectionate names for each other like Bigfoot (that's theirs for me :-/) but it's what makes us laugh. In fact one time, we went to Lagoon and we were standing in line for a ride and long story short, I was trying to get through one of those spinners that lets you in the line and it wouldn't turn so Shawn called me a retard so I retorted by calling him a jack ass and the ride operator actually said he felt bad for me that he'd call me a retard because he thought I was that used to being called something. Made Shawn feel like a real ass and I laughed real hard because no one knows that's just how we are :) I really do love them all!

Andy right now is in the Philippines in the military for a couple months, then he'll be back to his home base in Hawaii. We're hoping to see him this year, fingers crossed. He drives us crazy, but we miss him terribly!

Shawn lives in Heber, I probably see him once a month, if that, he's crazy, always has a new story. Knows how to make us all laugh. Him and Will together are a double threat, they probably keep us laughing all day.

Colby, he's the biggest gamer you've probably ever met. He's the youngest, but he's funny too. He's planning on joining the military soon, which is good, but it'll suck to say goodbye to another brother, but he's smart, so we know he'll do good wherever he goes.
  

This is my dad's side of the family. I met him when I was 21, probably one of the most exciting moments of my entire moment. So clockwise from left goes Don (dad), Ariel, Tori, DJ, JR, and my step mom (wow, that's a weird word to type, I don't usually call her that) Tracy. Although I've only known them for a few years now, they are awesome! I get along with Tori and Ariel like sisters..get it? ha ha that is SO their kind of humor! Even though they live in Indiana, I talk to them pretty regularly and I really love being able to spend time with them. I usually get to spend vacation time with them every year and they always take me to new exciting places. This year they are coming to Utah and we get to explore more here! The more I get to know them the more exciting it gets. I'm such a family oriented person and growing up I always wondered about his side of the family, last year we did this HUGE family reunion thing for his mom (technically my grandma, another weird one to type) and I got to meet even more family members it really touched me to get to know them and see them all. It really means a lot to me to know these people!

Ariel is almost 18 and will be going to BYU-Idaho, last I heard. She's really excited from what I can tell. She's such an outgoing person! Her and I joke a lot about how klutzy we are, it's a fun topic for us ;)

Tori is 16, she's silly! She'll literally talk to me about everything it seems, we'll just talk about our days at random. She likes to be in plays, she does really well in them too.

DJ is total boy! He's so tough, but he's crazy too. He likes to be silly. I'll see him play with swords, with action figures, pretty much anything he can find is a new toy for him.

Jr is very shy. She is so cute, I believe my first night meeting her she actually read me a book and everyone was so amazed she would open up so fast.

There's still so much more to know about them but I get excited to be able to!

And that's my family! But only the top of the iceberg, I'm really close to my aunts and grandma on my mom's side too, but that'd make for a really long post if I put all that up :)

So until Day 18...

No comments: