Pages

Mar 5, 2011

*~*Day 5*~*

My OCD...

...Oh won't this be easy :) I'm completely obsessed with alphabetizing and numerical ordering of things. I have to have my DVDs in alphabetical order, I have to have my books in a height order and then alphabetized by author and then by title. My stepdad used to come into my room, back when I lived them, and reorder my movies because he wanted me to catch it and freak out and have to fix it. Now the only real problem this presents me is when we buy new DVDs and I have to rearrange my whole shelf to make room for them.

I also have to have volumes, like on TVs or radios, set to (get ready for this) even numbers, or anything divisible by 5, but it can't be a 4 or 6 number because that's too close to 5. So for example it has to be 2, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20... and so on, there is a real pattern there if you choose to see it. I used to be so completely consumed with this that even when I was in friend's or a family member's car I had to have them change it too. Everyone thought it was funny to mess with me on this and I eventually got past having to have other's set theirs to this so now it's just my personal volumes, but it's still there in my head to always bother me ha ha.

 What's more, I have to have things organized as well. I always carry my planner around with me so I can have something to write plans down in or make sure I could check it in case someone asked me to do something with them and I needed to remember. It also helps me make lists for things to get done during the weekend. If I don't carry my planner around I usually feel lost and confused.

We have a joke in my family that I don't have OCD I have CDO, which is OCD in alphabetical order, the way it should be ha ha. I think a lot of these have to do with my inner control-freak issues, but they keep me calm and not nearly as neurotic as I could be if I didn't do these. I'm sure it seems like a terrible way to live to an outsider, but to me it's life and it actually keeps me happy :)

So until Day 6...

No comments: