Pages

Mar 24, 2011

*~*Day 19*~*

My favorite book is today, and I have to tweak this one a little. You see, picking a favorite book is like picking a favorite movie, it's just too hard when there are so many options, so I'd like to post on my favorite authors and my favorite of their books:

Up first is Emily Giffin, She is an amazing author. I love her story lines in the books. They don't always seem to be happy ones, but she makes them end beautifully, in my opinion. My favorite of hers has to be "Something Borrowed" and "Something Blue" they are both the same series, in fact Something Borrowed is going to be a movie coming out this May


They are both about a lady who has an affair with her friend's fiance and has to deal with the feelings she develops and how to choose between love and friendship. It also continues on with the friend and how she deals with the friend and fiance relationship. Don't worry it all ends really well. Definitely worth reading through at least once!
  
 Next up is Susan Andersen, now her books are a bit more...detailed we'll say, but she has gotten me hooked on romance stories, make fun all you want, but I love them and it's all because of these two books (Be My Baby and Baby I'm Yours), which I don't believe are a series, but they both got me hooked.

I won't go into what they are about, but I like
them. I probably wouldn't really recommend them because only people who really like the romance genre might actually like them and not a lot of people will admit they like those kinds of books.
  
Third is Christie Ridgeway. She's like Susan Andersen, another romance writer, another "detailed" one and another one that got me hooked really fast! I love her "knitting series," which is just about 3 sisters who live in this little town, I want to say it's in California, but I could be wrong. They are in a knitters club, but they are younger, and apparently they know how to make really pretty things with just knitting. Another author I wouldn't recommend unless you like the genre.



 


 And last, but definitely not least, is Nicholas Sparks (collective groans need not be heard!) I absolutely LOVE his books, the movies definitely don't do the books justice! I can't tell you how mad I was at the supposed acting in "The Last Song." If you saw it and liked it, read the book, it is 20 times better, and that's not even an exaggeration! I would recommend any of his books, but I do have a couple favorites...

The Last Song (movie sucked, but the book was amazing enough to mention twice) which is about a daddy-daughter relationship that starts of rocky and through some pretty unfortunate events becomes strong, but is it too late?

And then there's The Lucky One, which is also going to be a movie coming out in a couple years. I'm so excited, I'm a little nervous about the actors, but I'm going to keep an open mind about it. This one is about a returned soldier who had a picture of a girl he didn't know while overseas and believed it was his lucky charm so he decides to go on a big trip to find this woman when he knows NOTHING about her. It's romantic and awesome! Read it before it comes out.

So those are my favorites, love them all, could read them time and time again. Even made Larry read them and he couldn't complain too much! Hopefully someone found one to pique their interest :)

Until Day 20...

No comments: