Pages

Mar 10, 2011

*~*Day 9*~*

My most recent purchase...
Ta-da! My new phone, the EVO from Sprint. So a while back my mom mentioned she was thinking of switching from Verizon to Sprint and getting a phone with apps. Right off I thought she was crazy, leave Verizon? They have the best coverage! Plus an app phone? I've seen many people turn into what I call "app zombies" because all they do is look at their phone, you could be talking very loudly about them and they'd be none the wiser, add to that I wasn't sure my mom was an "app phone" person, I thought she liked things simple, I didn't think she'd actually get one. Well we went to a Sprint store that Saturday (which was last Saturday) and we talked to one of the reps about the good things:
  • With Sprint you get m2m with everything and EVERY network, so really you only have to worry about calls to businesses or homes for it to count against your minutes.
  • To get a smart phone with unlimited data, text, and 450 minutes it would be $15 cheaper than my plan with Verizon that only had unlimited text, VZ Nav and 450 minutes with no data or anything
  • The two networks now shared towers so they'd get about the same coverage!
  • I could use my old chargers for the new phone even though my old phone was just a standard flip phone!
  • I also get a 15% discount for working at the credit union, how? I have no idea, they just told me I did and I didn't argue
  • Add to ALL that you get a $150 rebate (I think it was that much) AND $125 towards  your account when you bring your number to Sprint.
I was pretty tempted, I can't lie. So we made plans to go over last night and I was just going to get more information, my VZ contract wasn't up till the 21st so I was just looking. Well after seeing my mom get this cool phone (she got the full touch screen while I got the slide out keyboard one) I was even more tempted and had to go through how I could make this work. I called Verizon to find out what my cancellation charge would be after giving them some story about how I lost my job and was looking at cutting back on expenses (hey, I wasn't going to actually tell them I was leaving them for a better phone!) and found out it was a reasonable amount and voila! 45 minutes later I have a new phone, new plan, and a whole lotta fun :)

Now I just have to get a cover and possible 3rd charger (apparently I use it enough to drain the battery at work) and I should be all set! I will admit touch screens make me nervous, they just always seem to be on the fritz, but I'm willing to give it another go and keep my fingers crossed I don't break it too much!

Until Day 10...

No comments: