Pages

Mar 31, 2011

*~*Day 26*~*

A photo of somewhere I've been...

I don't have any of the photos from when I went, but I found some good ones online:




Carlsbad Caverns is probably the coolest place I've been. I contemplated putting this as my travel story, but I think it works better for this one. We took this vacation so long ago, I was probably 12 or 13, so probably 10 years ago, and I still carry the memories with me. With Carlsbad Caverns you get to walk through the bat caves and look at the stalagmites and stalactites. I remember we had a tape player that you could listen to while you walked through and it explained all the cool details of the caves and I remember I had it on so I could tell everyone about what I was hearing. I was kind of proud of having that and kind of being the faux trail guide person. Those caves are the coolest things ever, it's a must see for any family vacation. You even get to wait outside of the caves at night and watch the bats come out, I never knew (before this trip at least) that bats came out in swirls, like they circle as they swarm out.

While on that trip we also rode a train from there to New Mexico and I remember we went to the best Mexican restaurant that was amazing; and we also went to this sweet shop that had fudge, I remember that part too. It was an amazing trip! I definitely would recommend this for a cool family vacation.

Until Day 27...

No comments: