Pages

Mar 27, 2011

*~*Day 22*~*

My Favorite Recipe, I think I have a direct one for that, there's one that's always my go-to recipe, although it takes a while to cook so it can't be something spur of the moment or anything, it's THE best if made right. It doesn't really have a name, I just refer to it as the chicken-taco-mix thingy ha ha, everyone just seems to know which one that is. It's one I pretty much know by heart by now too...

3 boneless, skinless chicken breast (this will usually be enough to create leftovers for a family of 4 so you can use more if you have a big crock pot and a ton of mouths to feed)

2 cans chopped tomatoes (I don't remember the size on this one, maybe about 12 ounces? It's the ones that are the size of about 2 cans of soup, maybe a tiny bit bigger) I usually like the roasted garlic ones, or just a flavored one to add even more to the mix.

1 can of Jalapenos (it calls for chilies too, but I'm a baby with spice so I can only handle one or the other, and these are just the tiny cans)

1 package taco seasoning

1 tsp lemon juice

Package of tortilla chips, I strongly recommend the scoops kind, but to each their own and you can use your own favorite kind.

You don't have to add the following, but I love to:

1 can diced olives

Grated cheese

Sour Cream


So you put the chicken in the bottom of a crock pot, in a bowl mix the jalapenos, lemon juice, tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Pour the mixture over the chicken and cook it all day (generally we'll do medium for about 6-8 hours, but this usually varies, just keep an eye on it). Then after it cooks (and this really is the hardest part) you shred the chicken on the bottom of the crock pot. After it's shredded you can scoop some onto a plate, add any additional toppings (generally any that you like on tacos works amazingly with this) and eat with the chips. It's amazing and it makes the house smell so yummy! It's very easy too, I absolutely love crock pot recipes, I usually like to plan meals ahead so if I can use a crock pot so that it's done by the time I get home then it's that much better. Try it next time you just don't know what to have for dinner, it's my absolute favorite!

Until Day 23...

No comments: